CPES Focus Area: Air Quality
Focus on Air QualityOur air quality is impacted every day by consumer products in our homes that release chemical fumes, rapidly emerging environmental health concerns like e-cigarettes, extreme heat due to changes in our climate that can worsen air pollution, and a host of other influences. We collaborate with UNC researchers to translate the research on impacts of air quality, sharing it with public health professionals, K-12 classrooms, community organizations and the public.
The UNC CEHS Community Engagement Core (CEC) connects researchers with public health professionals, stakeholder agencies and public audiences throughout NC, and fosters dialogue among Center researchers and stakeholders about research needs.
This high school student science enrichment program is a partnership between the UNC-Chapel Hill Institute for the Environment, UNC-Pembroke, and Robeson Early College High School. This program is free for students; financial support is provided by Burroughs Wellcome Fund.
Air Quality Resources
- Asthma Demonstration (PDF)
- Beyond Nicotine Lesson 1: Evaluating the Effects of Flavored Electronic Cigarettes on the Respiratory Immune System (PDF)
- Beyond Nicotine Lesson 2: Evaluating the Bioenergetic Effects of Flavored Cigarettes on Respiratory Immune Cells (PDF)
- Beyond Nicotine Lesson 3: Investigating the Impact of E-Cigarettes on Airway Inflammation and Asthma, A Digital Interactive Notebook (PDF)
- Environmental Asthma Trigger Kit (PDF)
- Environmental Asthma Triggers: Indoor Air Quality | Spanish Version (PDF)
- Environmental Asthma Triggers: Mold and Moisture | Spanish Version (PDF)
- Environmental Asthma Triggers: Pests and Pesticides | Spanish Version (PDF)
- PFAS Graphics (External Link)