CPES Audience: Undergraduates
How we serve UndergraduatesThe CPES coordinates local environmental internships and research experiences for Triangle-area undergraduate students through 21EH Scholars and EcoStudio. Since 2012, through these two programs, CPES has paired over 300 undergraduate students with internships and research experiences in the Triangle area.
21EH Scholars is a year-round program that provides environmental health science research internships for undergraduate students at North Carolina Central University (NCCU) and UNC-Chapel Hill.
The Center for Public Engagement with Science co-coordinates local environmentally focused internships through EcoStudio, a relatively new collaboration between the UNC Institute for the Environment and the UNC Environment, Ecology and Energy Program (E3P). EcoStudio offers applied learning experiences to UNC undergraduate students year-round.
Made Possible by:
- National Institute for Environmental Health Sciences (NIEHS)
- UNC Chapel Hill
- NC Central University College of Health & Sciences (Department of Biological & Biomedical Sciences)
- UNC-Chapel Hill Gillings School of Global Public Health (Department of Environmental Sciences and Engineering)
- UNC-Chapel Hill School of Medicine (the Center for Environmental Medicine, Asthma, and Lung Biology and the Curriculum in Toxicology and Environmental Medicine)
- UNC-Chapel Hill Environment, Ecology, and Energy Program (E3P)
- UNC Institute for the Environment