3rd Annual Clean Tech Summit
Hosted by the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill's Institute for the Environment and Kenan-Flagler's Center for Sustainable Enterprise, the
Summit will bring together professionals in business, policy, and academia from across the state and region for
two days of discussion, problem-solving, and networking to foster leadership and growth in North Carolina's clean tech
- The Internet of Things: smart cities, smart energy, smart homes, smart water, and much more
- The energy transition in the Southeast amidst a changing landscape
- Exploring new approaches and solutions to environmental challenges, including industry water usage,
restoration projects, and innovations in agriculture
- Advancing clean tech economic growth through the power of collaboration between industry and universities
- Innovative financing for clean tech
SPEAKERS + PANELS
The Summit will include keynote addresses by clean tech industry leaders and key government officials. In addition, the
Summit will feature more than a dozen panel discussions with industry, governmental, and academic leaders. These panels
will consist of big-picture trends as well as in-depth explorations of factors influencing the growth of the clean tech sector.
One of the unique aspects of the Summit is the substantial student participation from UNC and other universities across
North Carolina. For some students the Summit serves as an introduction to clean tech and its potential as an economic
driver in our region. For other students the event serves as a springboard to internships and job opportunities. As in past
years, the Summit will provide workshops and sessions specifically targeted to student attendees and potential employers.
Connecting Today's Clean Tech Industry with the Leaders of Tomorrow.
This video follows UNC undergraduate environmental science student Amanda Gaffey as she explores the 2015 NC Clean Tech Summit held February 19-20, 2015.
Clean Tech at Carolina from UNC Research.