2023 Cleantech Panelist Speaker
Rob GramlichFounder and President
Rob Gramlich is Founder and President of Grid Strategies LLC where he provides economic policy analysis for clients on electric transmission and power markets in pursuit of low-cost de-carbonization. He is co-founder of Americans for a Clean Energy Grid, the WATT Coalition, and the Future Power Markets Forum.
Rob oversaw transmission and power market policy for the American Wind Energy Association from 2005 through 2016 as Senior Vice President for Government and Public Affairs, Interim CEO, and Policy Director. He was Economic Advisor to FERC Chairman Pat Wood III from 2001 to 2005, Senior Economist at PJM Interconnection in 1999 and 2000, Senior Associate at PG&E National Energy Group in 2000-2001, and an analyst at the FERC Office of Economic Policy, ICF Resources, the World Resources Institute, and the Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory in the 1990s. He testifies frequently before the US Congress, US Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC), US Department of Energy, and state legislatures and regulatory commissions. He has served on advisory committees for the U.S. Department of Energy and the North American Energy Standards Board, on boards of a number of regional clean energy organizations.
Rob has received the following awards and recognition:
- Recognized as a top 100 environmental leader.
- Energy Systems Integration Group Award “for contributions to market design and transmission planning for improved system planning and operation.” (2018)
- The Hill magazine: Top Lobbyist each year from 2011 through 2016.
- American Wind Energy Association: Technical Achievement Award “in recognition of significant contribution to articulating how wind can provide 20 percent of US electricity demand by 2030.” (2008)
- US Federal Energy Regulatory Commission: Exemplar of Public Service Award “for a distinguished career in pursuit of the vision, mission, and values of the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission.” (2005)