- Gray, M., LePrevost, C., & Cope, W. Anglers’ views on effectiveness of signs in communicating fish consumotion advisories. Manuscript in review.
- Tomlinson, M.S., Bommarito, P., George, A., Yelton, S., Cable, P., Coyte, R., Karr, J., Vengosh, A., Gray, K.M., & Fry, R.C. (2019). Assessment of inorganic contamination of private wells and demonstration of effective filter-based reduction: A pilot-study in Stokes County, North Carolina. Environmental Research, 177.
- Gray, M. (2018). From content knowledge to community change: A review of representations of environmental health literacy. International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health, 15(3), 466.
- Gray, K.M., Ragan, NS, & Blanchard, MR. (2018). Modeling instruction and its influence on autonomy, competence, relatedness and pedagogical content knowledge. Electronic Proceedings of the European Science Education Research Association 2017 Conference.
- Haine, D.B. (2018). The Exposome: Making Chemical Exposures Relevant to Biology Instruction. The American Biology Teacher, 80 (8), 600-607. https://nabt.org/files/galleries/ABT_Online_Oct_18.pdf
- Pavelsky, T.M., Ghafoor, S., Hossain, F., Parkins, G.M., Yelton, S.K., Little, S.B., Topp, S.N., Rodgers, M., Yang, X. (in press). Monitoring the world’s lakes: Progress from citizen science and remote sensing. Environmental Management Magazine.
- Gray, M., & Lindsey, M. (2019). Measuring environmental health literacy. In L. O’Fallon & S. Finn (Eds.), Environmental health literacy. New York, NY: Springer.
- Korfmacher, K.S., Pettibone, K.G., Gray, K.M., & Newman, O.D. (2016). Collaborating for systems change: A social science framework for academic roles in community partnerships. New Solutions: A Journal of Environmental and Occupational Health Policy, 26(3), 429-457.
- Engel, L.S., Graves, N., & Gray, K.M. (2017) Enhancing community capacity: Understanding and Mapping Community Environmental Impacts of Hurricane Matthew. Retrieved from https://sph.unc.edu/files/2017/12/Hurricane-Matthew-EH-hazards-preliminary-report-20170915-final.pdf
Curricula and Lessons
- Haine, D.B. (In production). Extreme Heat & Air Quality: Implications for Human Health (Online training module for public health professionals.)
- Haine, D.B. & Hickman, E. H. (2019). Examining the Health Effects of Flavored Electronic Cigarettes: A data interpretation activity for students. Retrieved from https://ie.unc.edu/files/2019/08/Examining-the-Health-Effects-of-Flavored-Electronic-Cigarettes_2019.pdf
- Greene, L.V., Yelton, S.K., Haine, D.B., & Stadelman, T. (2019) 3rd Grade Physical Science: Force & Motion on the Playground [PDF file]. Retrieved from https://ie.unc.edu/files/2019/09/3rd-Grade-Force-Motion-on-the-Playground_Final-Version.pdf
- Greene, L.V., Yelton, S.K., Haine, D.B., & Stadelman, T. (2019) 3rd Grade Life Science: Plants [PDF file]. Retrieved from https://ie.unc.edu/files/2019/09/3rd-Grade-Plants_Final-Version_Web.pdf
- Greene, L.V., Yelton, S.K., Haine, D.B., & Stadelman, T. (2019) 4th Grade Life Science: Animal Adaptations [PDF file]. Retrieved from https://ie.unc.edu/files/2019/09/4th-Grade-Animal-Adaptations_Final-Version.pdf
- Greene, L.V., Yelton, S.K., Haine, D.B., & Stadelman, T. (2019) 4th Grade Earth Science: Rocks and Minerals [PDF file]. Retrieved from https://ie.unc.edu/files/2019/09/4th-Grade-Rocks-Minerals_Final-Version.pdf
- Greene, L.V., Yelton, S.K., Haine, D.B., & Stadelman, T. (2019) 5th Grade Life Science: Ecosystems [PDF file]. Retrieved from https://ie.unc.edu/files/2019/09/5th-Grade-Ecosystems_Final-Version_Web.pdf
- Stadelman, T., Haine, D.B., Greene, L.V., & Yelton, S.K. (2019) 5th Grade: Weather [PDF file]. Retrieved from https://ie.unc.edu/files/2019/09/5th-Grade-Weather_Final-Version_Web.pdf
- Haine, D.B. (2018) The Exposome: Making Chemical Exposures Relevant to Biology Instruction. (Researcher: Jim Swenberg, DVM, PhD) Retrieved from https://nabt.org/files/galleries/ABT_Online_Oct_18.pdf
- Haine, D.B., Fallone, C., Gray, K.M., & Korfmacher, K. (2018). Air Sensor Stories Workshop (Community workshop presentation materials). Retrieved from https://www.urmc.rochester.edu/environmental-health-sciences/community-engagement-core/projects-partnerships/air-sensor-stories-workshop/workshop-materials.aspx
- Stadelman, T. (2017) Mills and the Changing Landscape (EGRET lesson). Retrieved from https://ie.unc.edu/files/2018/11/FINAL-EGRET-Mills-and-the-Changing-Landscape.pdf
- Drostin, M. and Yelton, S.K. (2016) Exploring the Geographical Region and Ecosystems of the Tar-Pamlico Watershed (EGRET). Retrieved from https://ie.unc.edu/files/2018/11/ALL-Lessons-and-Background-FINAL_7-18.pdf
- Haine, D.B. (2016) Climate Change: A Human Health Perspective. National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences. Retrieved from https://www.niehs.nih.gov/health/scied/teachers/cchh/index.cfm
- Haine, D.B. (2014) Obesity-associated breast cancer risk: a role for epigenetics? An examination of evidence. (Researcher: Liza Makowski, PhD) https://ie.unc.edu/dna-epigenetics/
- Haine, D.B. (2012) DNA Methylation & Cadmium Exposure in utero: An Epigenetic Analysis Activity for Students. (Researcher: Rebecca Fry, PhD) https://ie.unc.edu/dna-epigenetics/
- Haine, D.B. (2009) DNA Wrap: Packaging Matters, An Introduction to Epigenetics. Retrieved from https://ie.unc.edu/dna-epigenetics/
- Drostin, M., Haine, D., and Pavelsky, T. (2013) Using remote sensing data to evaluate water resources in North Carolina. Retrieved from https://ie.unc.edu/files/2014/12/Using_Remote_Sensing_Data_to_Evaluate_Water_Resources_in_NC_LESSON_with-materials.pdf