IDEA Summer 2020 NCCU Undergraduate Application
The application process will open on January 13, 2020 and close on February 10, 2020. Applications will be reviewed by a selection committee and references will be contacted. Students will be notified by February 28, 2020.
To apply for the IDEA Undergraduate Research Program, you will need to complete Part 1 and Part 2 of the application. To complete Part 1, you will need to include the name and email address of the faculty member who will be helping you with Part 2 of your application. Part 2 is where you will provide a transcript, contact information for one professional reference, and responses to three short answer questions to this faculty member. The faculty member will review your documents and suggest changes if needed.
Please be prepared with the following documents to complete Part 2:
- Transcript (please scan your transcript and save as pdf before uploading)
- Name and contact information for one professional reference
- Completed responses to the following short answer questions
- Please describe any previous internships, research, or work experience.
- Describe your career and research goals. What interests you about the geosciences?
- Once you have reached your career goal, how will underrepresented minority students benefit from your presence and position?
Once you have these items, please complete Part 1 of the online application. At the end of the application, you will receive instructions for completing Part 2.