What are the Geosciences?
Geosciences include all science fields that study aspects of water, earth, atmosphere and ocean. Geoscientists study some of the world’s most important problems including freshwater availability, water pollution, climate change, natural hazards, marine systems and gas and oil exploration. There is a shortage of geoscience talent in the U.S. while the need for trained geoscientists continues to grow. According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, geoscience jobs are expected to increase by 35% by 2018.
Exploring Geoscience Careers, News and Latest Discoveries
- What is a Geoscientist?
- Geoscience Careers
- News and Information about Geology and Earth Sciences
- American Geosciences Institute
- National Science Foundation Geosciences Discoveries
- International Geoscience Jobs
- The Geological Society of America
- U.S. Geological Survey
- Association of Environmental and Engineering Geologists Carolinas Section
- NOAA Corps
- Pathways To Science Internship and fellowship opportunities