This course is offered through Study Abroad. Apply Now!
This is a breakdown of estimated costs that are associated with our class trip to St. John, US Virgin Islands. We stay at the Cinnamon Bay Campground , and we travel by open air safari taxis to a different snorkel spot every day. Estimates can vary based on the number of people who enroll. The Study Abroad Program Budget represents the estimated costs that students will be charged.
- $300 Study Abroad fee
- $750 (estimate) for camping
- $800 (estimate) for airfare (You will book your own flights, but should match to instructor’s schedule)
- $300 (estimate) for day trip taxis
- $200 (estimate) for chartered boating excursion
- $30 for travel ID book
- $50 Study Abroad application fee
- $21 Global travel insurance
- $50 Application fee
Fixed Total: $2500
- $200 for snorkeling equipment (you can share books and borrow equipment, but make sure your snorkeling equipment fits you well, or you’ll get blisters on your feet from ill-fitting fins and water in your mask from ill-fitting masks)
- $100 for a skinsuit or wet suit jacket. Skinsuits are light, full-body suits that will help you avoid getting burned by the sun and getting stung by fire coral and other poisonous underwater hazards, while wet suits will provide warmth if you get cold in the water easily. This is an optional purchase.
- $300 spending money for souvenirs, ferry tickets, etc. This would also include taxi rides to/from town during personal time.
- $300 for food. You can save a lot of money by not eating out every night. Most students bring lots of food with them.
Variable Total: $900
Summary: You can expect to spend about $3400 on this trip and for the class (and a once-in-a-lifetime experience!).