Conferences + Events
The Institute for the Environment strives to build a stronger intellectual community through programs that stimulate discussion of environmental issues on campus and in the larger society. The Institute maintains this listing of all Institute for the Environment sponsored events at UNC. For a complete listing of all Institute events, please visit our Events Calendar. To find information about any event at Carolina, go to the Carolina Events Calendar.
The annual CMAS Conference has become an international hub and the premier resource for air quality modeling scientists to convene and share research and ideas on the state of the science. The conference also explores policies relevant to air quality analyses and their impact on communities. Each year the conference attracts more than 300 attendees including national and international air quality modelers, policy makers, academics, federal and state governmental and non-governmental agencies, and various industries. Visit the CMAS Conference website for more information.
The annual UNC Clean Tech Summit highlights the latest innovations, trends and challenges in the clean technology industry and how North Carolina is playing a key role in leading the way to a green global economy. The Summit is co-hosted by the UNC Institute for the Environment and the Center for Sustainable Enterprise at UNC Kenan-Flagler Business School. Visit the UNC Clean Tech Summit website for more information.
- Water and Health: Where Science Meets Policy archives
- Sustainable and Safe Drinking Water in Developing and Developed Countries: Where Science Meets Policy, Friday Center, UNC-Chapel Hill, November 5-6, 2008
- Energy and Environment in North Carolina, Friday Center, UNC-Chapel Hill. March 9-10, 2007.
- Safe Drinking Water: Where Science Meets Policy, March 16 and 17, 2006
- Perspectives on Environmental Values, March 4-5, 2005
- Symposium on Ecosystem and Human Health, April 14 – 15, 2003