As someone who is interested in the cleantech economy and making the world a cleaner place to live, we thank you for being engaged with this industry. It is moving fast and creating jobs across North Carolina.
The IE Cleantech Corner initiative needs your help to continue to convene, develop and motivate the next generation of cleantech innovators to enter the cleantech workforce in North Carolina and beyond.
Our programs provide students and industry with a platform to share ideas, discuss trends that are driving innovation, and develop job opportunities for students with majors in energy, journalism, computer science, environment, math and more.
This initiative and programming are entirely funded by your support.Give Now
Through the IE Cleantech Corner, students are actively engaged with a broad range of cleantech sectors including:
Clean energy, energy storage, low-carbon transportation, regenerative agriculture (AgTech) circular economy, water, sustainable textiles, electrification, finance, entrepreneurs, utilities, and more.
Save the Date!
2022 UNC Cleantech Summit
Transitioning to a Low Carbon Economy
March 29, 2022 – March 30, 2022
Your donation to our IE Cleantech Corner and UNC Cleantech Summit initiatives will help our students to:
- Maintain and expand IE Cleantech Corner educational and engagement activities.
- Execute the UNC Cleantech Summit, the largest cleantech event of its kind in the southeast using a hybrid model for people around the globe to participate. This event has grown to be a global brand and, as such, it is important to bring in speakers from all over the country and the world. Your donation would help support the travel costs for our panelists and secure keynote speakers from the US and abroad.
- Create year-round workforce development programs such as career fairs and mentor programs that provide direct relationship opportunities between students and industry professionals.
- Increase student access to the Summit by offsetting the cost for students in N.C. and the Southeast to attend. This helps us accomplish the main goal: attract talent to this field and to develop the future leaders for this area.
- Launch professional development courses taught by industry professionals for students and individuals in transition. Courses will provide an understanding of operational, marketing and financial skills that are integral to leadership in the cleantech economy.
- Develop internship opportunities that provide students with hands-on experience at cleantech companies. The target companies are small and medium enterprises (SMEs) that may not have established internship programs or the resources to pay for student interns. Connecting student talent with SMEs will help to strengthen the significant cleantech cluster in this region.
We are available to explore additional ideas you may have to help students who are interested in careers in the cleantech economy. Please contact Dr. Greg Gangi or Kiersten Williams to share your ideas.
Thank you for being an IE Cleantech Corner partner!
 The venue charges us in excess of $120 per person for food and beverages. To keep access affordable for students, we set the two-day ticket price at $30 per student.