The Friday Center, Chapel Hill, NC
3rd Annual NC Clean Tech Summit | Hosted by the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill’s Institute for the Environment and Kenan-Flagler’s Center for Sustainable Enterprise, the Summit will bring together professionals in business, policy, and academia from across the state and region for two days of discussion, problem-solving, and networking to foster leadership and growth in North Carolina’s clean tech industry.
- The Internet of Things: smart cities, smart energy, smart homes, smart water, and much more
- The energy transition in the Southeast amidst a changing landscape
- Exploring new approaches and solutions to environmental challenges, including industry water usage, restoration projects, and innovations in transportation
- Advancing clean tech economic growth through the power of collaboration between industry and universities
- Innovative financing for clean tech
SPEAKERS + PANELS
The Summit will include keynote addresses by clean tech industry leaders and key government officials. In addition, the Summit will feature more than a dozen panel discussions with industry, governmental, and academic leaders. These panels will consist of big-picture trends as well as in-depth explorations of factors influencing the growth of the clean tech sector.
One of the unique aspects of the Summit is the substantial student participation from UNC and other universities across North Carolina. For some students the Summit serves as an introduction to clean tech and its potential as an economic driver in our region. For other students the event serves as a springboard to internships and job opportunities. As in past years, the Summit will provide sessions specifically targeted to student attendees and potential employers. More Information
“One of the most rewarding aspects of attending the NC Clean Tech Summit was talking with the students. Their ideas and enthusiasm were energizing and I was thrilled to share my experiences and mentor future leaders in the clean tech sector.”