Events + Publicity Guidelines
For an event to be sponsored by the Institute for the Environment, please follow the Guidelines and Procedures listed below. By creating these guidelines we hope to:
- Build an IE Master Calendar to avoid scheduling conflicts.
- Establish clear communications within IE of scheduled events.
- Promote IE events within the UNC community and beyond.
- Assist IE units with coordinating events as needed.
- Obtain approval and confirm funding sources (if funding is requested) with Tony Reevy before you start planning your event.
- Check IE’s master calendar on the Web site before choosing a date so as not to conflict with an existing event, try not to choose the same day as another IE event. If it is unavoidable, do not choose the same time.
- Complete the IE Event Form at least 30 days in advance, 90 days in advance if registration set up is needed.
- Prior to extending an invitation to any outside speaker or guest, consider whether the invitation should come from the IE director or in some cases the chancellor. Please also consider whether it is appropriate to extend courtesy invitations to individuals in University leadership (directors, deans, chancellors, etc.) Creating positive experiences for speakers and guests will lead to a better environment for all members of the IE community.
- Plan to adhere to UNC’s Carolina Green event standards to demonstrate IE’s commitment to sustainability.
- Confirm funding.
- Check master calendar.
- Complete the IE Event Form.
- Event Coordinator Kathleen Clabby will confirm your form has been received with all requisite details, add your event to the IE Web site master calendar and announce the event on the listserv.
- Contact Communications Director Emily Williams regarding publicity and promotion of the event. Please provide as much notice as possible.
If you have any questions contact Kathleen Clabby.